Thursday, October 20, 2011

Citroen 2CV

For those American's reading this, you might now know what a 2CV is....as Citroen don't sell in the US.  But everyone else will know that it is a cute and legendary car!  Quite quirky in styling, the 2CV is a french made car, designed for low cost, simplicity of use and reliability.  It has a canvas sunroof and you would often see them painted in lots of jolly colors!


Manufacturer of 2CV's sadly stopped in 1990, after 42 years.  Look at the great colors on this one!


One of my customers in France, who has quite a collection of Birdland creations, just bought herself a 2CV and is delighted with her purchase!  So she asked me to make her a necklace of a 2 CV. 


She sent me a couple of photos of her new car and so I tried sculpting it.  Hmm.. It was tricky to make in the small size of a necklace!  But I tried and you see the results here.  Tiny little details that you may not get on the photos are that the number plate says "2CV" on it, and just above it is the tiny Citroen logo badge! 


Yes, the necklace does look quirky and a little odd, but then, so is the 2 CV!!!  I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

Patty Biermans said...

OOOOOhhhhh, I love the 2CV. You made a lovely little car. I always wanted to have one but my dad thought that the car was not to save! I cryed my eyes out for a week.... hugzzz...peebee

Ruth said...

Safety was the reason they were discontinued, appartently so your dad was right - even if it made you cry!! They are such cute cars... I like the Fiat 500's now - they are pretty cute. Do you have those where you are?