Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Life's a hoot!



Today, the July 2012 issue of Art Jewelry magazine comes out for sale - and included in the magazine is a beginner's step-by-step project that I wrote on how to make my sculpted owl necklace "Life's a hoot" (Page 70).


I was asked by the magazine to write a "sculptural bird project" quite a while ago.  Years ago,  in fact. So it's nice to see it in print. The project shows you how to sculpt basic shapes in metal clay and then put them together and add details to make an owl.

I was also asked to submit a photo of my studio - so one rare day when it was tidy, I took a photo  and it's on the front cover of the magazine - and also page 65!  It shows off my lovely window seat - a favorite place to sit.


I have to say that the people I worked with at Art Jewelry magazine were just a delight - especially Annie.

Hope you like the project!

1 comment:

Sue McNenly said...

How fabulous! I shall download immediately!