Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Pea

Started my day with my usual walk and today saw 5 little baby wild turkeys. For once, a wild turkey looked nice! I have now found out that a baby turkey is called a Poult. That word had slipped my vocabulary for all these years - but now it's firmly in place! Anyhow, the little poults were chasing after their mother, but finding it difficult in the tall grass... We aren't particular fans of wild turkeys around here as they eat a lot of grapes so we have this "turkey alert" routine when they get in the vineyard...but that's another story....


Then as we came back, I was reminded that it was time again to pick some more sweet peas - a daily "chore" - it's so tough! We have so many this year - all from last year's seeds. Just a wonderful show. Their perfume is actually too overpowering. I hate saying that as I love their smell - but we have to put them quite a distance from where we sit in the house, as otherwise it's just too much!!!!


Sweet peas (blushlingly) remind me of my early metal clay days when I made a sweet pea necklace and earrings. I'd probably be able to find a photo if I looked - but I don't care to. You see, I wore the necklace one night and it did look like a sweet pea - but to one observer it also looked like something else. I don't feel this blog is the place to divulge - but if you can't figure it, ask me next time!


The rest of my day has been spent finishing up my pieces for the FMG competition. I'll mail them off tomorrow. Hmm...somehow they don't feel like winners......

I had wanted to experiment a little today, but better to get things finished off before I get too ingrossed in new things.... Maybe tomorrow....

Off out to the movies tonight organized by the Film Festival. The movie is a surprise. I'll let you know if it's a good or bad surprise tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karen Lynn said...

Perhaps "Georgia O'Keefe-inspired metal clay" would be a delicate (and artistic) way to put it. :-)

I once purchased a "Tree of Life" pendant done in Celtic knotwork that my family insists is a skull with fangs. I stopped wearing it around them because of that.

Perhaps you can tell it's art when it's misinterpreted?